1000 miles in 2011

Friday, October 29, 2010

Here we go . . .

So I've been thinking of starting a blog for a little while but was unsure about it. I thought it might be a good idea because being at home with the kids all the time, it feels like facebook has been my main "connection" with the outside world but I really don't want to post my life story on my status, so this seemed like a good alternative. Now we'll just see if my life is exciting enough for people to actually want to read about.

This is one of those rare occassions that I get to relax, both boys are asleep. I love how Ashton decided to stop taking naps right about the same time that Brayden came along. Lately Ashton has been a bit of  a handful in the evening so a forced nap the last couple days was that answer. He's been a bit attention seeking lately due to the extra attention Brayden has recieved. Ashton thinks because Brayden spits and doesn't get in trouble that its ok for him too. My solution to stop the spitting is taking away toys that he loves if he continues to spit. Today, he was tired so he was going for his nap, but being obnoxious, so he was spitting. I told him to stop it, he said no (did I mention he is in the back talking stage as well?) I told him if he spit again I'd take Moosey away (a little background on Moosey - Ashton takes him to bed every night, and as he sucks his thumb, he pulls out Moosey's hair, therefore, Moosey is a bald stuffed Moose). I walked out of the room, closed the door and waited for him to spit, because I knew he would, and of course he did. I went into his room and took Moosey away, closed his door and threw Moosey onto my bed across the hall. He screamed for a minute but then stopped. About 10 minutes later when I went by his room to put Brayden down for a nap, his door was open and he was not in his room. I look across the hall and there he is asleep in MY bed, with Moosey in his arms. Little bugger, but it's hard not to laugh!

3 comments:

  1. Is it an age thing? Because Tennyson has been driving me NUTS lately! Back talking, tantrums, whining, begging. I have no idea what to do. I've tried, spanks, time outs, talking to him, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried all those things too, I think it is the age, as well as the baby! Attention seeking I think, I sure hope it ends soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back talking is pretty popular here too. The other day I told Dillon I was tired of his mess in the living room and he said "well I'm tired of you!". Grrr!!

    ReplyDelete