1000 miles in 2011

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

how much should one put up with?

Last week was my first week back to work and much to my dismay, it was at Herbal Magic. I tried to have an open mind as they have changed the hours, we are only open late (til 7) 2 days/week and only open 4 hours on Saturday. Plus the potention to make more money is there which helps too. I kept hearing about all these changes that had happened and how much better it was now. A couple hours into my first shift, I realized that this was not true.

Nothing that I worked so hard on to organize before leaving is being done anymore. I put a lot of time and energy into making things run smoothly, all the while being yelled at on a daily basis that nothing was good enough. Now I go in and the manager is lazy as heck and the other 2 want to quit because she's a total dictator. On top of that, by Thursday, the same old phone calls from the supervisor giving us heck for not having a good sales day. That was the icing on the cake that I am, not matter how much money I may make there, done. I know that saying that requires finding another job but at the same time, I have made that decision that when I do come across another opportunity comes along in which I can make enough money to live, even if it's less than I will make at HM, I am out of there!

The hunt continues . . .

2 comments: