1000 miles in 2011

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

more job stuff

As you can tell, finding a job is weighing heavily on my mind these days.

I went to the career symposium last night to see if I could get some ideas. Well, I talked to a physiotherapist there and I got some good and bad news.

Good news, they just changed the program to a masters, meaning I only have to go for 2 more years because I have a bachelor degree already. I also only need to take 2 courses, bio and english to have all the prerequisits and both can be taken through U of M distance education. I can't apply for the program until December of this year (classes start Sept 2012) so I'd have time to complete these 2 courses. Plus by then, Jason is done his apprenticeship and will be an electrician so he'll be making decent money. I also have to have a GPA of 3.2, mine isn't quite there but close so with these courses, I could hopefully pull it up.

Now, the bad news. The masters program is 2 years, no breaks, not even summer. Just a Christmas break and one week in the spring. I could handle that, but, the course is only offered in Winnipeg, so I'd either have to drive there EVERYDAY or move there. Neither are options at this time. Not with a family.

I guess I will have to keep looking and maybe eventually this course will be offered in Brandon. It's disappointing but also good to know where things are at. I will have to keep looking and maybe I'll find something else interests me.

No comments:

Post a Comment