1000 miles in 2011

Friday, March 25, 2011

now's my chance

Ok, both kids are in bed right now. One just went, the other has been there for almost 2 hours, so I do not know how long I have, lets see if I have anything to say.

Life has been pretty crazy here lately. Ashton is as wild as ever! I don't think he knows what an indoor voice is! I hope it's just attention seeking, that I can deal with. I am thinking once he's back in daycare and has other kids to play with, he'll calm down a bit.

Brayden, well, he's on the move. Yep, he's walking! I didn't think it would be long the way he was going this past weekend. We were just getting used to the crawling thing. He only stopped doing the army crawl like 2 or 3 weeks ago! He was starting to enjoy his freedom. As was I! Until this last couple weeks, I felt like he was a wood tick, stuck to me at all times! Once the crawling started, the separation grew a little bit, now that he's walking, it's amazing the difference.

I'm so proud of him. He just seems so small to be walking. He is about a month and half younger than Ashton was when he started walking. Ashton was a couple weeks past his first birthday, Brayden will be 11 months on Monday. Plus Brayden is smaller than Ashton was, weight and height! He's not puny or anything. I still have people say he's a big boy but he is smaller than Ashton.

He's growing up so fast. I have started introducing homo milk into his formula, 1 oz at a time to hopefully be done with formula (and the cost of it!!) soon. I am excited to think that I will soon be able to turn his car seat around! It'll be great to be able to see him when I look back rather than depending on Ashton's description of what Brayden is doing.

Speaking of car seats, I am also looking forward to switching Ashton to a booster seat. It is a pain having to get Ashton in the car, run around to the other side, put Brayden in, buckle him up, go back around to Ashton's side, buckle him up, then back around to get into drive. Now, arrive at my destination, repeat above in reverse! I think it'll be so much better once winter is gone and I'm not trying to squeeze those winter jackets in too! That makes it worse!

The reality of going back to work is really starting to sink in. There are days when I can't wait, and other days where I can't imagine being away from the boys that much. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I find a job that coordinates with my family life a little better than Herbal Magic did. Well, almost anything will coordinate better than being manager at HM! That schedule was not made for a person with a family!

Funny how I really have nothing to say now that I have time to write. I guess I'll just have to hope to find some time again. I also shouldn't be blogging anyway, since I have to get my resume adjusted and get applying. I stopped by HM to visit a couple of the girls I used to work with. The girl who is manager now told me that Fatima (that was my supervisor) needs a letter of intent from me, basically stating my intent to return or not. I think that is something Fatima made up to find out what my plans are rather than just asking me. I don't plan to write a letter of intent. I think if she wants to know, she can contact me herself! She hasn't contacted me once in the whole year I've been off. Show some interest! lol I told the manager that she could tell Fatima that I am due back the first week of May and as of right now, I do not have another job so I will be returning. That is the truth as I know it right now. It is not lying to them. I didn't have to say that I've applied else where or that I plan to. It is none of their business. I think all I have to give is 2 weeks notice, just like any job you leave.  I could be wrong. I have sent a message to my sister-in-law who has a degree in human resource, she'll know, and if she doesn't, she'll probably look it up for me. then I can just be lazy.

3 comments:

  1. I googled the required notice if not returning from mat leave and here is what it said: If the employee does not want to return to work at the end of a period of leave, they must give their normal contracted period of notice. An employee is not required to say in advance whether she intends to return after maternity or adoption leave.
    So, if this info is reliable, you are right. U still got some time before you tell them you are not returning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, and technically, when I started there, it was a 2 day recipricol notice and those are the papers that I signed, so I really only have to give them 2 days. It changed to 2 weeks notice, who knows when, and the only way I found out is when I was going through papers with someone I hired right before I left and as I was reading it to her, I had to stop because I didn't even know it changed. Not like there will be a big fight about it. we'll see how it goes, I still have time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figure that by now they've got it kind of figured out how to run it without you, they probably won't freak out if you suddenly quit. Who cares if they're annoyed anyway, not your problem!

    It's amazing how fast babies grow up. Elliot has been pulling herself up on furniture for a couple of weeks now. I can't imagine that within the next few months she'll be figuring out how to take her first solo steps. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete