1000 miles in 2011

Friday, April 22, 2011

hard day

Today a young girl came to meet Crosby. It has been a few weeks since I posted the ad to give him up. We recieved a number or responses to the ad because he is a cutie! I had to continuously tell people not to be fooled by appearances, he is a bit of a grump. I really want to find him the right home but at the same time I don't want to give him up.

This girl, I'd say around 18 or so, is moving out on her own and would like someone to keep her company. She came by to meet Crosby and of course he barked like crazy at her when she ran the door bell. After a minute, he calmed down and licked her to death. We chatted briefly and we decided that she would take him for the weekend and we'd talk Sunday night and see how it all goes. I sent her a couple of his toys, his kennel and some food. That's it, everything else is still here. He has a lot of stuff. One year my mom and sister thought they each needed to buy him one of those puppy stockings that has like 6 or 7 toys in each. Well, he doesn't destroy toys like some dogs, so he has a lot of toys!

I felt very relieved as I'm sure things will go fine for Crosby this weekend but I am also very sad right now. I only got her first name and phone number but I'm having crazy thoughts that she gave me a fake number something and that I'll never see him again. I'm sure that's not the case. She seemed really nice and hopefully she'll give him the attention he deserves. It was really weird coming home from supper and not having him greet us at the door and that will get more real as time goes on, should she decide to keep him.

Ashton isn't sure of what's going on. We have told him that we need to find a new home for Crosby because he is to mean to us sometimes. He doesn't not like that idea at all. Today when she was here to meet Crosby, we told Ashton that Crosby was going to go to stay with her for the weekend. His response was "but not forever". It will be hard for him at first but I think he'll be fine.

Needless to say I am a bit emotional right now. I know it is for the best and I will be ok soon enough

No comments:

Post a Comment