1000 miles in 2011

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

tax man

We finally did our taxes last night. Kind of last minute, well, not last minute, that would be like doing them Saturday right?

Normally I am very anxious to do my taxes as I generally get back a pretty good refund. Being the little saver that I am (or at least was when I had money to save), I'd buy something a bit extravagant (I can't spell worth a darn anymore) and then put the other half or so into savings. This year, I kind of thought it would be a different story. I have been told that people on mat leave don't normally get enough deducted so I wasn't thinking big refund this year. I was actually thinking that with how things have been going in my life the last few weeks, that I'd end up owing them thousands of dollars that I really don't know where it would come from.

Time to face the music. After all is said and done, we got some money back, nothing huge, at least not compared to usual so I was very relieved. Sad part is, there will be no extravagant gifts for us this year. I will likely use this money as my first payment to daycare when the kids head back full time. That will pretty well take care of it all. At least that's money I don't have to come up with now. Maybe things are going to turn around.

No comments:

Post a Comment