1000 miles in 2011

Saturday, January 8, 2011

coincidence?

Here is a weird thought, or maybe not?

Ashton is a bugger when it comes to meals, I've mentioned that before. I have pretty much given up on trying to get him to eat things I know he will not eat. The think that makes me REALLY mad is when he won't eat things I know he likes. Something that he ate like 3 bowl fulls the night before.

I think we're pretty lenient when it comes to this. Yesterday I made a nice chicken, just a small one, with stuffing, mashed potatoes, carrots and gravy. I know he doesn't eat chicken, eventhough he likes it when he does, but he LOVES stuffing and carrots. He asked me before supper for just potatoes, which is weird cause he is hit and miss with potatoes, but I gave him mostly potatoes and then told him he had to have some stuffing and a few carrots, because I KNOW he likes them. Well, he ended up eating his stuffing and one carrot and refused to eat his potatoes. SO ANNOYING!

I told him if he didn't eat, he couldn't go to the Wheat King game with Jason that night. I was sure that would get him to eat. I even tried the "just 10 more bites" thing, still nothing. So I told him no bedtime snack if he didn't eat. Still wouldn't eat.

So instead of fighting with him, I just left his plate on the table so he could have it for a snack when he asked for one later anyway, didn't let him go to the Wheat King game and he had no other snack. He went to bed at 7:30 without a fight because he was way overtired. He slept great, until 6am when he came to my room wanting a drink of water. I would imagine he was starving because he didn't eat supper and I'm pretty sure he ate salad for lunch with me. I gave him his water and sent him back to bed.

he didn't go to sleep. He layed there awhile then came back to my room. I let him go watch cartoons and went back to bed. He kep coming and waking me up, not even because he wanted breakfast, he just wanted to wine at me. So at 7:30 I got up and sat on the couch, figured I'd catch up on computer time since Jason and Brayden were still in bed.

He comes the weird part. I went to get Ashton a glass of water and when I came back, he's laying on the couch, crying and throwing up. Didn't even bother to sit up, just layed there and let chunky white stuff (sorry), which I guess to be his milk he'd just drank, come out of his mouth. Gross!

This is the second time that we've sent him to bed without supper and he has got up sick. The last time he was throwing up all night and was fine by morning. This time it started later and after I finally convinced him to eat some crackers, he was fine. There has only been one other time that he went to bed with no supper and no snack that he didn't get sick. I can't imagine that he is getting sick from being hungry? It has to be coincidence, right? It makes me scared to not let him eat. But what else am I supposed to do, I already feel like I'm doing special orders to make sure there is something that he'll eat at supper time. I hope this picky eater thing goes away sooner than later!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to say that he's probably not getting sick from being hungry. I'm guessing he's probably not eating for you the night before because he doesn't feel well. We had a lot of stomach flu here last winter, and it's so typical. Little kids rarely actually tell you when they don't feel good, they just get grumpy, or whiny and ornery, and before you know it there are big old barf puddles on the carpet. Gross, but true.

    Seriously, don't feel like you made it happen. Mitchie rarely eats more than a little bit of supper, unless it's something he really really likes, and he's always fine in the morning. Hungry, but fine. He always eats a good breakfast!

    There are times too when one of the kids will have the flu, and then just throw up once or twice and that's it. Then there are times when it lasts for three days. He could have just had a small bug, that's why it's not continuing forever.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete