1000 miles in 2011

Saturday, January 8, 2011

only one more day

I have not been here for a long time, finally got a free minute so here's what I've been up to.
I have enjoyed the holidays but I have to say, I am looking forward to Jason going back to school on Monday. He's been off since the 23rd. I thought we might kill each other as we've never spent that much time together. Surprisingly, we made it through, so far, there is still one day to go.

Yes, I love him but his patience is not his best attribute! He becomes easily and very upset which then just adds more stress to me too. I've been dealing with the typical parenting issues the last couple weeks, or at lesat I would think they are typical. Children can really put stress on the marriage!

The kids have been sick so they are not themselves. That makes it so much harder! Especially when Brayden won't go to anyone besides me. I thought we'd passed that stage but apparently we have not. I'm not sure if it's his cold that he's had for a couple weeks or the fact that his teeth are finally coming in or if it's just because he isn't getting around like I can see he wants to, but whatever it is, I just want him to be the extremely happy kid I know he can be.

My routine has been out of whack with Jason here too. Normally I get up in the morning and check my email, facebook etc and then if I have a chance I'll have a look at a later time in the day. Well it hasn't been that way for the last two weeks and it's driving me crazy. Now, when I get up, I'm looking after the kids. Get them fed and then Brayden hasn't been letting me put him down for any length of time lately so I am pretty well booked until he goes for a nap just before lunch. Then I'd normally get on the treadmill and make lunch when I was done but with Jason home, I end up having to make him lunch first because for some odd reason he doesn't eat breakfast when he's off? I don't understand it, the rest of us still eat breakfast, so I'm not sure why he doesn't because then he's starving by lunch time. It's weird. If I end up making lunch and cleaning it up before I get on the treadmill, I often miss my opportunity. I hate waiting until the afternoon, that means hanging out in my PJ's all day and not having a shower and I feel gross until I can have a shower. Plus, during Brayden's afternoon nap, I like to either get something ready for supper, or catch up on Ellen that I recorded earlier in the day.

Now onto Ellen. I am WAY behind, I have finally watched Monday's show, it took me about 4 attempts, piece by piece, I finally finished it. I know it's really no big deal, but I really love watching Ellen, she always puts a smile on my face even on an otherwise trying day.

I am really looking forward to Monday! I hope that will help me get something done around here. I have some new Years resolution plans I'd like to work on as far as cleaning my house. We'll see if it's just wishful thinking. I used to think things would be easier if I had Jason here to help with the kids. I admitt, sometimes it is, but not for 17 days in a row! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment