1000 miles in 2011

Monday, January 10, 2011

House cleaning plan

Have I mentioned that I hate house cleaning? Well, I do, and even when I get motivated to do it, there is always a kid that needs the attention first. So I have a new plan . . .

I am going to just work on one room at a time. One day at a time. I have started in my bedroom this morning already. I can hopefully finish it today and then tomorrow I can move on to Brayden's room. I want to do EVERYTHING that needs to be done in there, even mop the floor. My room is a disaster. I find that I am continuously having to tidy/clean the kitchen and livingroom because that is what people see so my room, I can't even explain it! There are piles of clothes everywhere, most of them don't fit but I haven't gotten to trying things on so I can get rid of the one that are too big and put the ones that are too small away for a bit. I also need to go through my dressers, and closet! I still have shorts in my dresser, not only is it not summer, there is also no chance that I'd be able to keep them up because they are from just after having Brayden.

I figure if I do one room each day, then just keep repeating the cycle, then I won't have to spend so much time cleaning on one day, it'll just be a little each time. I may have to spend 2 days on some rooms the first time around because they've been neglected to say the least. Hopefully this will work and my house will actually look clean and organized for once. It's great having a bigger house, so much more storage, but it's also so much more to clean and you tend to keep more stuff you don't need because you have room for it. We are slowly running out of room and I'm not about to move to a bigger house any time soon.

4 comments:

  1. Are you purging? I love purging. I love when I haven't touched a room or storage area in forever and when I'm done I have a box or two of stuff for MCC, or a bag for the garbage. Decluttering makes me happy!

    You wouldn't know it in here lately though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purging? I thought that meant throwing up! lol I do have a lot to get done but if Brayden doesn't cooperate a bit better, I'll need a week on each room and then my house will never really get clean if I only clean each room once every 3 months! Still working on the bedroom. It's hard because I need to do it when he's napping but my room is right beside his so I wake him up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purging is often used for throwing up too! I think it means more like "getting rid of" which can be used in many different contexts!

    Could you just put Brayden on your bedroom floor with a few toys? Or in an exersaucer? Those are awesome for containing small children!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes he likes to play in his exercauser but lately he's just wanting to walk around! Before it was me walking around carrying him, now its him walking as I hold his fingers. I will have to keep plugging away at it. He was happier yesterday so we'll see how today goes

    ReplyDelete