1000 miles in 2011

Thursday, January 20, 2011

second child

I almost have a crawler! I was beginning to think he would NEVER crawl but then Monday, he started to push himself forward with his toes while on his belly, then yesterday he started to get his one knee bent and would push a bit with it while on his elbows, today we are getting both knees going but still on his elbows. He is getting where he wants to go and is not getting as frustrated so hopefully if he keeps working on it today, he'll get it figured out and be much happier overall.

It is bitter sweet though, I will have to be much more careful about how long I leave him lying on the floor when I go to do something because who knows where he'll end up. not to mention keeping all the small toys and things out of reach! And making sure Ashton does the same.

Ashton never crawled so this is new to me. I feel like a new mom right now. I've noticed I'm a little slack with trying to teach things to Brayden. With Ashton I was always trying to get him to do new things but now I just let him do what he wants to do when he wants to do it. Its funny how we are so different with our second children, or is it just me? Not that I don't love him just as much, I just think you look less at what the book says and just let life happen. I'm not nearly as paranoid with the think he does. I let him cry more and I'm not as stressed out. Maybe I should have more? By the time I get to 4 like you Tif, those kids will practically raise themselves around here! lol jk, not having anymore!!!!!!!!

1 comment: