1000 miles in 2011

Monday, October 3, 2011

Oct 3

Since I had to pretend the blog I did early this morning was for yesterday so I don't fail Blogtober already, here is my real Monday entry. :)

I do have a lot to talk about but I should really be working right now so I will try to keep it short. I have been feeling really crummy lately. Since going on holidays Aug. long weekend, I have gained 8 lbs! ouch! There were a lot of changes in my life at that time, starting a new job with a new routine didn't help matters. I thought I'd be back on track by now, but 2 months later, I am still over 140 and not happy about it.

This weekend I decided to start making a little bit better attempt. I managed to get in 2 runs. I was tired of running the same old route, so I drove down to the north end of town to do some of the massive hills here in Brandon. I have been wanting to try and run up these hill for sometime but I find it silly to drive somewhere to go for a run, but I needed something different so that's what I did.

I was really proud of myself. I made it up the big hill on 18th street, the one that goes past Walmart. It was actually really easy. Then I ran down the big hill on 1st street, which was also easy because it was down. I need to go up that one next time. Then I threw in the big hill that runs by the sportsplex at the end of my run. That was a challenge. I was already feeling my quads seize up when I got there but I was feeling it in my butt which means I was working the area that I want to work. Normally I don't feel it in my butt so I was happy. The total run was about 6 km.

Sunday, I was hurting but I know that if I just get out there and do it again, I would probably be less stiff. I wanted to try running up and over the 18th street bridge this time. The one that goes over the tracks heading into town, so I drove to the corral center and parked there, and off I went. I was being a bit of a wimp because I could have parked on the other side of the tracks, closer to my house and had that hill at the end of my run but I figured since I was already stiff, I wanted to loosen up my muscles before I tried it but not be doing it at the end when I was starting to feel sore again. Well, I ran up that hill without even slowing down and my heart wasn't racing when I reached the top. It was actually easy. Again, pretty happy. My final distance was about 4 miles.

I know it's not what I was doing earlier this summer, but I did feel better just to get out there and get in a couple runs. I know if I can just start running at least 4 times/week, I will be ok and won't have so much work to do come spring. Now, if I can only stick to that plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment