1000 miles in 2011

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Toronto Bound

Looks like another trip to the big city is in my future. I am off to Toronto again the second week of November. There was some confusion as to what I need to be "qualified" for my position and the first course I took was not enough so I am off again.

I am less than excited this time. The first time it was exciting going away but now that I have been there, and been to Winnipeg twice for a week in total, I'm ok with staying home. The worst part is, I when I go, I don't get to stay at right at the learning facility like I did last time. I have to stay at the 4 season hotel which will mean a 20 - 30 minute cab ride to and from class every day, meaning I have to pay for 2 cab rides everyday (which I will be reimbursed for but I still have to dish it out up front!) and I will have to go to a restaurant and order and pay for my meals everyday (again, reimbursed but still a pain in the butt). I also won't be able to do any of the activities that go on in the gym each night as I will have to head back to my hotel after class. I am hoping I can get on a waiting list for a room at the training facility and maybe, just maybe, I can get in there and save myself so much of a hassel.

Jason wasn't too keen on the idea of me having to go either. That is his first week back to work after completing his school. It's one thing for me to be gone 2 nights to Winnipeg but now we have to take the day to drive to Winnipeg to go to the airport, then he has 5 nights alone and then another trip to Winnipeg after work on the Friday to come pick me up from the airport. I feel bad this time around. The first time I didn't. :)

Keeping my fingers crossed I can get in at the learning facility and then it'll be a great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment