1000 miles in 2011

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bed time

Why is it that I am always looking for an opportunity to go to bed early and today, when that opportunity has arose, I am sitting on the computer, hoping something new will pop up on facebook.

Why do I have this opportunity tonight? Jason is off playing hockey. His games are always very late, normally starting at 10pm. He generally leaves an hour early, plays for an hour and is usually home by 12:30 in the morning. As much as I enjoy spending time with my husband, I do look forward to these night where I can do what I want to do, alone! Whether is be just hang out on the computer hoping someone will come online and talk to me, or watching a movie I've recorded that Jason probably wouldn't enjoy (last night I recorded Maid of Honor, didn't want to watch it tonight because then I'd be up too late, but as you can see, I probably would have been going to be at almost the same time had I watched it)

Both the boys are off to bed. It was a bit late for them tonight because we were at the mall early this evening then went to Jason's moms for a visit. Grandpa always find a way to pump Ashton full of sugar, making it really hard for him to fall asleep. He was in bed at 8:45 and last time I checked in on him at 9:45, he was still awake. I stopped checking at that time because I figure he's more likely to go to sleep if I just leave him be.

Brayden on the other hand, I fed him and put him in his bed, awake, at 9 and I haven't heard a peep out of him. I have to say I'm loving this new bedtime routine with him. It's working so well. I'm slowly weening him off the nursing, only when he wakes up and goes to bed and if he wakes up any time at night. It's cut down on the number of times he wakes up at night, he's been falling asleep on his own for naps and bedtime, and he's so much happier and not a "mommy suck" as we've been calling him for the last month or so.

I love the fact that I'm the one person he needs more than anything. It makes me feel really important, but at the same time, it makes me feel bad when his dad can't hold him because he screams, or when we go visit his grandparents, or aunts/uncles and the only person he wants to be held by is mom. He still has his moments when only mom will do but I should enjoy them while they last because a few years down the road, I'll be begging him to sit with me and cuddle and he'll want no part in it.

It's funny how these little people know what to do to make you so mad you want to cry and in the next breath can make you laugh til you cry! I didn't think it was possible to love someone as much as I love those boys!!It's just trying to remember the good times when they are pushing your buttons and you feel like it'll never end.

On that note, it really is time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment