1000 miles in 2011

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Christmas Projects

Thanks to my friend Sonya, I have decided to get crafty this year for some of my Christmas gifts. My largest project is my Quiet book. I am really enjoying doing it but it sure is time consuming and time is running out!

I started this thing at the end of August and I am not done yet. Worst part is, I plan to make a second one! What am I thinking?

The last couple days I have gotten really busy on it, I have put aside all other tasks (that are able to be put off), like running my treadmill, cleaning the house, watching my shows etc and just got to my sewing. I am almost finished all 12 pages, just some finishing touches to do, then I have to cut out the cover and put the whole thing together. I am really hoping after all the work I've put into it that it doesn't look like Ashton made it! I am hoping to finish it this week and start the next one next week.

I haven't done any sewing, besides buttons, since I was forced to take Home Ech in Grade 8, so this is quite the project for me. My sister mentioned to me earlier this week that my niece wants a snuggie for Christmas so I thought maybe I could make one of those too. I looked online and found a "pattern", purchased a purple fleece blanket yesterday so hopefully I'll be able to get working on that. They had kids snuggies at Walmart for $30, with Princesses on them, that would have been the easy way out. I purchased the blanket for $12. So hopefully the time I put into this supposedly simple project with be worth the extra $18! lol

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! You know what, the more of that you do, the quicker it'll be, and the $18 for your work will be more and more worthwhile. I keep thinking I want to learn to sew better, but it all seems pretty daunting.

    You should be sure to post pictures of your quiet book once you're finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see the finished product!
    Been keeping my eye on some cute quiet book page ideas online. My favorite being a "bun" that is sewed onto the page and then the burger, lettuce, tomato, etc are all pieces that can be velcroed on between the top and bottom of the bun. So cute!
    Maybe you could find a princess applique or something to put on your snuggli if she's really into that sort of thing!
    Here is Dillon pretending to type: f.xgdshe.rlkgfvH|":U}k
    n'\jbiuvy;'tlo/kb[phploh]j\'hclrh;klgxb

    ReplyDelete