1000 miles in 2011

Thursday, November 11, 2010

good night's sleep

Last night I put Brayden to bed at 7pm because he hadn't napped much during the day due to our family circle program in the morning and his 6 month needles in the afternoon, so he was very tired by 7pm. He woke up at 9:30pm, as he usually does, so I figured, since it wasn't too late, I'd try to get him back to sleep without nursing. Well, after an hour of walking around trying to sooth him, Jason took over. For 15 minutes straight, Brayden screamed with Jason. That 15 minutes sitting by doing nothing, felt longer than the hour I'd previously made the attempt to get him back to sleep. By 10:45pm, I had had enough and went to Brayden's room to relieve Jason, as I'm sure his back was getting sore too. I thought maybe Brayden was sore from his needles so I decided to give him a little more tylenol and feed him so he'd get some sleep. So finally around 11pm he went back to sleep.

We went to bed shortly after but I couldn't stop thinking about what I was going to do next time he woke up that I didn't fall asleep until 12:30am! Much to my relief, I did not wake again until 6am! The longest stretch of sleep in a long time. At that time, Ashton woke up to go pee and went back to bed. Brayden was still asleep! He didn't get up til 8:15! How wonderful. I don't know if it was the tylenol or the screaming for over an hour that tired him out but it was a wonderful nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment