1000 miles in 2011

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Am I going crazy?

Today I was very fortunate to have both my boys down for a nap from 1:30pm - 4:30pm! This doesn't happen that often but I have managed to get Ashton to take a nap the last few days. He's been getting up before 7:30 so he becomes more ornary than usual by bed time if he's up that early so I made a new rule that if he's up before 8am, he has to have a nap. The last couple days, he's been going down without a problem but today he just didn't feel he needed a nap. I felt differently. I think he got up like 4 times before 1:30 and 2:30, most parents would give up on the nap at this time, but I NEEDED him to have a nap, for my sanity. Finally I told him he could sleep in my bed, I didn't know if it would work or not, it may have ended up just being a new window to look out, or a new lamp to play with, but it was worth a try. Well, it did work, thank goodness! Finally, both kids down and I had 3 hours to myself! It was exactly what I needed after the three year old behavior I've been dealing with lately.

I'm not sure why the change in behavior as of late. I chalk it up to a bit of jealousy of his little brother who is getting a lot of attention from mom. Brayden is becoming more of a little person, with his constant rolling around, clapping, waving, sticking out his tongue amoung other things that are really exciting, so in order to encourage his learning, we are always saying "good job Brayden". I'm sure Ashton feels a bit left out and is acting out in order to get some attention. He spent the day with Grandma and Grandpa Haynes the other day and Grandma said he was really good, not acting up at all, playing really well, with them and alone, maybe because Brayden wasn't there? Whatever the case may be, I hope it will soon end because if it doesn't, Jason and I may end up in the looney bin! I know we all tend to feel our kids are worse than they really are but I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one.

Then there is Brayden. He's been making-strange big time with EVERYONE, he is glued to me lately. We've even interpreted his "ummmmmm" to mean mom, cause he says it every time he wants me or when I pick him up. Its nice to be loved but it is also nice for him to visit with other people. Mom, the boys and I went to Portage to visit with Nikki and Paige on Monday. Of course mom wants to spend time with the boys but every time Brayden sat with her, he'd get fussy until I took him back. Paige wanted me to take her to school in the afternoon so I left Ashton and Brayden with mom and Nikki and they said Brayden didn't fuss the whole time I was gone, but as soon as he saw me, he needed me again. I was hoping he'd be getting to that stage where he wants to go to other people. I guess that's what happens when I'm the main one he sees all day every day! When Ashton was little, he spent a lot more time with Grandma H, so he was used to her, Brayden doesn't spend as much time there because I'm not as easily stressed out by a crying baby now as I was with Ashton and Jason's mom is working full time now so we just aren't there as much.

I heard a funny quote on TV yesterday, can't remember which show but it was "Kids are God's punishment for having sex". Thought it was kind of suiting at this time. I'm sure everyone has these experiences, but even when you are SOO mad at them, they do something so out there that you can't help but laugh and love them even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment