1000 miles in 2011

Thursday, November 4, 2010

possessed treadmill

Got one kid down for a nap today, the big one, which I used to think was the better of the 2 because he's so busy, but really, Brayden is much more time consuming and it does make it harder to get anything done. That is likely why I'm on the computer rather than cleaning. He was acting tired but then I guess he decided he didn't want to have a nap this afternoon. He did have a 2 hour nap this morning but he often has another one in the afternoon, especially when he was up so much at night. I am still hopeful that he'll go down again before supper or we are in for a grumpy night. He is quite content in his exersaucer right now so I should not complain. It's rare that he'll play on his own so I have to enjoy these moments. I think he is at a stage now where is mind is more advanced than his body and he sees other kids moving around so freely and I think he wants to do it too. It gets him pretty upset sometimes, you can see the frustration.

There are so many things that I really want to get done but never seem to be able to do it. I just don't understand some of you super moms who always look good and have a super clean house and great meals on the table everyday. I keep telling myself it can be done, but I've yet to find out how. I find myself choosing between my exercise, actually doing my hair, house cleaning and making a good meal for supper, just to name a few. It's like I can't do more than one of those things in a day! Lately, I've been choosing the treadmill because that is something that isn't a quick fix, its something I have to work at longer so I need to get at that. The other things can be done every once and a while and still give me results. Plus, running on the treadmill is a good stress relief. Today I thought I'd mix it up a bit. I want to get myself back to the same condition I was in when Ashton was 1. I normally just run on a manual setting and increase and decrease the speed myself. Today I thought that I'd try the interval program on my treadmill not knowing what to expect. I wasn't sure if it was going to just alter the speed or the incline. I never run at an incline, I know I should (for my butts sake) so I started off running a little slower just incase it was speed related, then after like 5 minutes, that crazy machine tried to make me run at 9.0 miles/hour, well, with these short little legs that was difficult, but I pushed through, thinking that had to be the maximum and I could do it for the minute, but then the next interval was going higher, of course I opted to alter the treadmills choice slightly as I thought that better than ending up on the floor! So I put it down to 7.0 which is still a pretty good run for myself. I thought maybe the treadmill was going to go up to a max (which I thought would be 9.0) and then would start decreasing, but after the 7.0 that I set it at, it went back up to 9.0 again! I again chose to move it down because I was lucky to make it through the first 9.0, didn't think I'd be so fortunate again! So after 10 minutes of letting the treadmill decide, I stopped it and went back into the interval setting and set the min and max speeds, or so I thought I did. Turns out, I did not and again, the treadmill decided I wanted to run at 9.0. I faught with it again for another 10 minutes, disagreeing with almost every speed it decided upon, then I stopped the machine and just did the last 10 minutes on manual. So much for trying to mix things up! I guess I could probably read the manual and it would tell me what I'm up against. We will see if I try something "new" again tomorrow, or just go back to where I'm in control!

1 comment:

  1. I can just imagine you racing along on the treadmill just to have it speed up and start to incline! lol.

    I envy you having a treadmill in your house!

    ReplyDelete