1000 miles in 2011

Monday, November 8, 2010

how am I still tired?

For some odd reason, Brayden decided to sleep last night, he went to bed around 8pm and didn't wake up til 7:30am. So why is it that I'm more tired today than I normally am? Is it because it's Monday or did I get too much sleep? I really don't think I got too much sleep, I honestly don't think that is really possible! I think I fell asleep around 11 last night and with one minor interruption or Ashton getting up around midnight to tell me the bathroom light was off, I slept straight until 5am. At that time, I was only awake briefly and then fell back to sleep until Jason's alarm went off at 6:45. Didn't really sleep much after that because Ashton got up at the time and Jason put him into bed with me as an attempt to get him to sleep longer. It didn't work, he just layed there sucking his thumb talking to himself until we heard Brayden talking at 7:30am. But still, I got like 7 1/2 hours of straight sleep last night as opposed to my usual 6 hours of broken sleep.

I'd love to lie down and take a nap right now but I don't think it'll happen. Brayden is napping and Ashton is supposed to be napping but in the last 1/2 hour he's gotten out of bed at least 3 times. It always takes him a long time to fall asleep, which normally I don't mind but today, we have to take the dog for a haircut at 3 so by the time he falls asleep, I'll have to wake him up to take the dog.

What I really should be doing now is getting on the treadmill. I am using the excuse that Brayden may not sleep very long (because he has a nap this morning already), so I don't want to get started on there and have him wake up. I don't mind him laying there crying for a bit, but then we come back to Ashton not getting a nap. So instead, I will just sit on the computer for a bit until I feel I should go get my roast ready for supper. I need to have that done before we take the dog for a haircut.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny how we always think we are just "so tired" when we're teenagers and have to get up a little early for something, or actually work a couple of nights during the week? It doesn't even begin to compare to the sleep deficit we end up with as parents to young kids/babies!

    ReplyDelete