1000 miles in 2011

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Do any kids go to bed when they should?

Why is it that kids can find so much to do when they are in their beds. Ashton has been in his bed since 8:15pm, it is now 9:45pm and I can still hear him whispering to himself. Last time I was in there, about 1/2 an hour ago, he has asked me to do up his housecoat which he apparently thought he needed to wear to bed. I thought, whatever and did it up. As I scanned the rest of the bed, I notice there was a slipper in his bed as well as his back pack and more stuffed animals that were not there when I tucked him in.

It seems he is just playing some sort of game rather than going to sleep. He'd already exhausted all his excuses. I said to Jason the other night that I was going to make a check list of all the excuses he used each night and go through each one when I tuck him in. Maybe that would cut down on the time it takes to get him to bed.

I guess I shouldn't really be that surprised at this behavior, afterall, he does come by it honestly. I remember when I was a kid, I had a lot of dolls and stuffed animals in my bed and I would play with them for hours after I went to bed. I didn't get caught because my room was upstairs and the livingroom was downstairs. I even remember finding little pieces of paper in my homemade piggy bank that I used to write things down, name tags for my dolls maybe? I'm not really sure. I just know that I didn't go to bed when I was supposed to either so I shouldn't be such a hypocrite. At least he has the same respect for his brother as I had for my sister and is playing quietly and not waking him up.

Things sure are different when the tables are turned!

2 comments:

  1. You know, you DID used to have a lot of toys in your room! I remembered that, because when I was a kid we had our bedroom that we slept in and then a toyroom downstairs. The toys didn't go upstairs. I was probably a little jealous of your room o' toys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, we didn't have a toy room so our toys were mostly in our room. I know I sure don't want toys in Ashtons room, that's just asking for trouble! lol I finally gave up on him last night and went to sleep before he did!

    ReplyDelete